RCSI's Fellows and Members Office are excited to invite all medical students, surgical trainees, interns, Affiliate Members, NCHDs and junior and foundation doctors to join us on Friday, 3 February 2023 in RCSI Dublin for our ‘Becoming a Standout Surgeon’ event hosted by Professor David Healy, RCSI Council Member.
- Event Name: Becoming a Standout Surgeon!
- Date: Friday, 3 February 2023
- Time: 11:30-13:00
- Location: RCSI Dublin (onsite)
- Cost: FREE, registration is required
- Suitable for: Medical students, surgical trainees, interns, Affiliate Members, NCHDs and junior and foundation doctors - anyone thinking of pursuing a career in surgery, even from other professions (nursing, physio, etc.)
- Register here
Professor David Healy will lead an informative and practical panel discussion offering guidance on becoming a standout surgical trainee candidate, focusing on the CST intake data from RCSI and the profiles of successful candidates. It will also cover career development advice, planning a surgical career, a surgical trainee’s perspective on how to successfully apply for CST and HST, and the exciting opportunities available to support future surgeons to achieve their ambition.
- Host: Professor David Healy, RCSI Council Member
- Professor Kevin Barry, Director of National Surgical Training Programmes, RCSI
- Mr Dara Kavanagh, Chair of the CST Committee, RCSI
- Dr Jessica Ryan, ISTG President, RCSI Member and HST at RCSI
- Ms Ciara Tallon, Career Designer, RCSI
Becoming a Standout Surgeon Flyer
RCSI Fellows & Members Office